This historic bank was commissioned in 1877 and became the home of Hawaiʻi’s first bank, Bishop Bank & Company. In 1950, the bank moved to a new location and the building was occupied by the law firm of Bouslog & Symonds. In 2010, the building was renovated and re-named the Harriet Bouslog Building, in honor of Hawaiʻi’s first female labor and civil rights attorney.
The renovation included restoring the building to its original character with new windows and plaster work. The building is listed on the National Historic Register of Historic Places.